West Cornwall LAG
In West Cornwall we are looking to fund inspirational and innovative projects that will enhance economic opportunities for the local people and businesses.
Medium Capital Grants
We have launched new funding opportunities, of £10,000 and upwards (up to £50k), targeted at businesses in the specific areas of West Cornwall – Don’t miss out, chat to Rissa now! Find out more
Enterprise Small Grants
We are currently only accepting applications for our Enterprise Small Grants scheme from Core areas across West Cornwall (please refer to maps on this page)
We are especially interested in proposals that will create employment, and also proposals from new businesses.
Exciting Funding Opportunities for Community and Voluntary Groups
Are you a community or voluntary group looking for funding to help develop your organisation or to develop a pilot project? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We can offer a maximum of £25,000 grant funding for community-orientated projects in West Cornwall.
This support could come in the form of:
- a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) grant (up to a maximum of £10,000) for activities aimed at further developing the economic side of your organisation (for example: business planning consultancy costs; marketing; or fundraising expertise etc.)
- a European Social Fund (ESF) grant (up to a maximum of £25,000) for a pilot project that will support people back into employment and/or training. ESF support could cover staff time, participants’ costs, and other relevant project costs. We would expect your project to be relatively short-term and provide support for around 10 people (if you are awarded £25k but pro-rata if less)
- a mixture of ESF/ERDF funding, up to a total of £25,000 whilst staying within the criteria of each funding stream as described above (e.g. £5,000 ERDF and £20,000 ESF).
- CLLD is focussed on supporting the most deprived communities in West Cornwall, so organisations and participants must be from within one of our eligible postcodes and priority will be given to projects in ‘core areas’
- ERDF funding can only provide support for up to 72% of your total costs for the ‘building the business’ side of your proposal
- ESF funding can support up to 80% of your total costs for the ‘people support’ side of your proposal
- All match funding should come from non-EU sources.
To find out more about these opportunities and how you might qualify please contact Rissa Parsons for a chat.
We are looking forward to working with you and exploring new ways to develop your communities!
For more information on all of the above contact Rissa email@example.com
In order to achieve our aims we will:
- Assist and inspire the local community to find solutions to the issues faced in West Cornwall
- Fund innovative projects that address barriers to accessing work and training opportunities within West Cornwall’s rural communities and town centres, as well as challenges caused by the areas transport network
- Support projects that will lead to business growth, work opportunities, and educational progress
Meet the chair
Julian Rand MBE has a professional background in Finance and Company Management and was part of the initial working group that helped to secure funding for CLLD. In the last fifteen years, he has worked to support economic development across Cornwall and he is the current Chair of the West Cornwall Local Action Group delivering LEADER funding to our communities and was Vice Chair through the previous round of Local Action European Funding, successfully securing investment of over £2m for the local economy. Julian is a County Councillor in West Cornwall and sits on a wide range of strategic committees.
Meet the team
Rissa Reyes Parsons
Projects Facilitator / West Cornwall LAG
Rissa hails from sunny California and has worked within community development projects supporting families, local organisations, and businesses with development, training, funding, and event planning. She ran a successful family food business, which prided itself with its focus on local suppliers, and implemented a marketing strategy that helped to increase business growth.
Rissa has worked on EU funded projects since 2016, including business support and providing digital training for SMEs. She loves ‘hands-on’ working with applicants and is passionate about helping their projects come to fruition, supporting them navigate the technical aspects of funding.
In her free time she plays roller derby for the County team, is learning Muay Thai kickboxing and enjoys yoga and cooking.
She loves Cornwall and recommends "Trencrom Hill, on a sunny day because you get the wonderful sight of both coasts. Just park up and take the easy walk up the hill there are massive granite rocks to climb on if you’re feeling adventurous and little sheltered nooks to have a picnic. It’s a great place to watch sunrises and sunsets. I’ve made the journey up there the past few years on the summer solstice in the wee hours of the morning to see the sunrise and then back again late into the evening to watch the sunset from the same spot.”