The West Cornwall CLLD area covers the Land’s End cluster, St Just, Pendeen- Zennor- Madron, Newlyn, Penzance, St Ives, Hayle, Helston and Porthleven.
There are 22 ‘Core areas’ (30% most deprived nationally) in West Cornwall and 23 ‘Functional areas’. The two hub towns of Penzance and Helston are the most deprived clusters and 2 of the Core areas in Penzance are in the 10% most deprived nationally.
To be eligible for funding your project must aim to achieve one or more of the Objectives from the Local Development Strategy and be based in a Core area or, if the project activity takes place in a Functional area, be of benefit for people in a Core area.
Aim and Objectives from the Local Development Strategy
- Inspiring local community and business led solutions to transport challenges of accessing work and training opportunities and supporting business activities – a cross cutting objective
- Assisting community and micro/small businesses, including self employed, to start up, consolidate and strengthen, grow and develop, in order to stimulate and support local employment and businesses
- Stimulating community led initiatives and community based projects, to work with people to build capacity, confidence and skills for progression towards and into employment and training
- Developing meaningful and inspirational work experience and building the links between education, training and business for aspirational local career and work opportunities
- Making the most of local skills and assets to help support jobs, training and skills development – an underpinning objective