The South & East Cornwall CLLD area covers from St Austell to Saltash in South Cornwall and specifically the areas of St Dennis–Treviscoe-Foxhole and Victoria-Bugle- Penwithick in the China Clay area; St Austell, St Blazey, Liskeard, Looe, Callington, Saltash and Torpoint.
There are 18 ‘Core areas’ (30% most deprived nationally) in West Cornwall and 42 ‘Functional areas’. The hub town of St Austell is the most deprived cluster where 5 of the areas are in the 30% most deprived communities, 3 of which are in the 10-20% most deprived and 1 in the 10% most deprived nationally.
To be eligible for funding your project must aim to achieve one or more of the Objectives from the Local Development Strategy and be based in a Core area or, if the project activity takes place in a Functional area, be of benefit for people in a Core area.
Aim and Objectives from the Local Development Strategy
Providing pathways to better economic opportunities for people and businesses in the CLLD area of South & East Cornwall, that are accessible and generate locally available economic opportunities through innovative community led approaches.
- Stimulating new and existing local businesses to provide local work opportunities including by making them as competitive as possible
- Maximising the potential of proposed developments and activities in the Mid Cornwall Economic Corridor for the benefit of CLLD areas
- Developing community led initiatives/ community based projects to work with people to build capacity, confidence and skills for progression towards employment and training
- Raising community aspirations by targeting locally distinctive initiatives to achieve an economic step change (an objective in its own right and an underpinning objective)
- Addressing transport barriers that prevent people from accessing work and training opportunities (a cross cutting theme)